Sometimes in business, and in life, you need to make tough decisions…
Late this year (2017) we identified that in order reach our ambitious goal of helping 2M Australians to Eat Well and Feel Great by 2020, we really needed to simplify our business and focus our collective energy on what we’re best at, and what’s going to help us to achieve the goal we’d set for ourselves: making innovative and delicious nutritionally superior baking mixes.
We found ourselves at an intersection and had to make a choice. On one hand we could pursue baking of the fresh loaves, still being limited in distribution to the east coast of Australia, or we could choose to focus on expanding our range of bake at home mixes utilising the amazing new state of the art blending facility we recently built – allowing us to help people all around Australia, New Zealand, and soon globally. In choosing this path, we made the decision to look for a contract baking company to take care of the fresh-baked loaves.
In November we thought we had found this partner and started the process of moving the baking out of our Marrickville factory and across to their facility to start baking from the 1st of December. During all our initial quality control audits everything looked very promising, however in the last week before Christmas we were made aware of a number of issues to do with underweight and inferior quality loaves being sent out to our retailers, and ultimately purchased by you, our incredibly valued community.
This is simply unacceptable. We set high standards for ourselves and the products we sell and won’t stand by and allow this to happen. As a precautionary measure to avoid any further dissatisfaction with the products, we made the swift decision to revoke the contract and discontinue the production of these fresh loaves until further notice.
I understand this decision might not be the most favourable one amongst the loyal fans of our Protein Bread and Date & Walnut Loaves but know we’ve exhausted all possible avenues for the time being. We don’t yet have a date for when these loaves might be available to purchase again but we will be sure to keep you posted with any updates. The best way to stay connected is to follow us on Facebook or Instagram.
Our delicious range of nutritionally superior baking mixes will continue to be sold through our fantastic retailers including leading health food stores, gyms, supplements stores and independent retailers as well as direct to you through our online shop – servicing all of Australia and New Zealand.
I know how much you guys rely on the products we sell to maintain or assist in your fitness and health objectives so I hope once you see just how easy it is to make fresh Protein Bread at home using our bake-at-home mixes, you’ll be back in the swing of things in no time. Below are a couple of links to help you with this;
- Here’s a YouTube video I put together showing how to make Protein Bread Loaf at home
- We’ve got a recipe on our website giving you the exact recipe for our Date & Walnut Loaves so you can make that product at home using our Protein Bread Mix
- Love burgers like me? This recipe shows you how to whip up some low carb, high protein burger buns using our 6 Australian Seeds Protein Bread Mix
Juicy Date and Walnut Loaf Recipe
Our Famous Date and Walnut Loaf recipe – make it yourself at home! A delicious snack or healthy alternative ...VIEW THIS RECIPE
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this change, we are always here to help. Just reach out to us on Facebook or Instagram, email us at email@example.com or just click the chat icon on the bottom right of your screen.
If you have purchased a Protein Bread Loaf or Date & Walnut Loaf which you believe to be substandard, please return it to the place of purchase for a full refund of the purchase price.
On behalf of The Protein Bread Co., I thank you for your understanding, your loyalty and look forward to continuing to help you to Eat Well and Feel Great.
- An avid barefoot trail runner, explorer, creator, and keen learner. I'm incredibly humbled by everyone who's helped The Protein Bread Co. to grow to where it is today – actively supporting our mission to help 5M Australians and 20M people globally to live fitter, healthier and happier lives. You can reach out to me via Twitter or Instagram @thelowcarbgiant, Facebook @lukehopkins, or shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Product Reviews2018.10.31TWININGS Infuse 🍉 Flavoured Water Infusions // Product Review
- Company Insights & News2018.10.26Anna’s Low Carb Kitchen products now available through The Protein Bread Co.
- Ingredients2018.10.25Our Albury Lupin Adventure with Lupins for Life
- How to eat Low Carb2018.10.15Why you should ALWAYS read the back of the packet!